Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fireplace Plastering

So the fireplace which Im currently renovating got its hopefully final coat of lime plaster last Friday 7th. And today, its still not quite dry enough to finish sanding off. I could almost lime wash it, but I think I'd prefer to try sanding it a little smoother after its dried a bit more.

Yesterday I started stripping the dry wall from the side of the fireplace where the plumbing is going to be moved for the Rayburn. Tricky business given that the main electrical box for the house is situated just to the left of it.

The plaster is looking good though, and turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Hopefully it will have the appearance Im after once its been lime washed over. The lintel has been painted with one coat of linseed oil, so the dark contrast with the smooth white of lime washing should look particularly nice.

No comments: